Coarse filtration is a type of physical filtration process where a contaminated fluid is passed through a special pore-sized strainer to remove suspended particles from process liquid. The particles removed depend on the strainer type, mesh or micron rating, and construction method.
Basket strainers are simple mechanical sieving devices inserted into vessels / housings to remove solid contaminants from a process liquid stream.
The baskets can be fabricated from several materials such as SS304, SS316, or even exotic materials such as Duplex Stainless Steel and Monel, based on compatibility with the fluid handled.
Basket strainers are available in a range of mesh and micron sizes, and construction styles like mesh and wedge wire screens.
Features & Benefits
- Supplied as part of an integrated system to achieve performance guarantee
- Fast track delivery
- Retrofit of existing strainer housings
- Housing with special arrangement and fabrication standard (ASME)
- Installation & Commissioning Supervision
- Operation & Maintenance Service
- Minimal footprint requirement
- Low Cost of Ownership
- Easy Installation
- Low Maintenance
Basket strainers are commonly applied as pre-filtration (coarse filtration) in applications such as:
- Seawater, Fresh Water, Produced Water
- Utility and Service Water
Dallas, TX, USA
Elma, NY, USA
Stansted, Essex, United Kingdom
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Phone: +971 (0) 4434 0004