FIBER BED MIST ELIMINATORS
Fiber Bed Mist Eliminators
Fiber Bed Mist Eliminators are also commonly known as fiber bed filters or candle filters. Our CECO Filters brand Fiber Bed Mist Eliminators are optimal for capturing and removing sub-micron liquid and soluble particulate from process gas streams, and they are used extensively by facilities seeking to reduce emissions across a wide range of industries. They achieve collection and removal efficiencies as high as 99.9%, and enable the recovery of valuable material even in heavy liquid situations.
The filters are typically constructed in annular cylindrical form from 2 ft. to 20 ft. tall. The cylinder is formed by rolled screens, with both an outer and inner screen used. The filter material is placed between the inner and outer cylindrical screens to form the fiber bed. The diameter of the fibers, fiber material and the material’s packing density determines the operating parameters of the filter (such as pressure drop, collection efficiency, and gas through-put). Plates and flanges are attached to the ends to permit a variety of mounting and draining methods.
Our CECO Filters brand Fiber Bed Mist Eliminators are custom-designed in a number of configurations, including:
- TVF system – tank vent filter system for asphalt applications CMC system – central mist collector for oil mist from metal-working operations
- COM system – for metal-working fluid mist
- DLM system – for asphalt applications
- FID system – filter-in-the-dust system for oil mist from metal-working operations
- FIV system – filter-in-the-vessel system for acid or caustic mist
- GATTOR system – for turbine lube oil mist
- MOD system – modular filter system for acid or caustic mist
- STTOR system – for turbine lube oil mist
- Low Total Cost of Ownership
- Custom-designed filters for new or existing systems
- High removal performance efficiency – up to 99.9%
- Simplified maintenance
- Filter re-packing services
- Available in standard and custom-design configurations
- Constructed of various corrosion-resistant materials, including Hastelloy, Alloy 20, 316L Stainless Steel, Tantalum, Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP), plastics, and standard carbon steel
- Long filter life – up to 10 years
- High quality control and manufacturing standards
- Each filter element is individually tested for pressure drop, aerosol removal efficiency, and flow distribution
Fiber Bed (Candle Filter) Mist Eliminators from CECO Filters
CECO Filters has led the industry in the manufacture and distribution of mist elimination products for almost 50 years. One example would be CECO’s Fiber Bed or Candle Filters. Using advanced design and engineering techniques, CECO pioneers new products to collect and contain liquids and particulates and builds the finest filter systems on the market. CECO Filters are used by companies worldwide to collect and contain liquids and particulates.
Our experienced engineers work to provide the finest filtration solutions for the finest companies. The commitment from CECO goes well beyond engineering to meet the needs of our customers. The ability to install and maintain every filtration system we make ensures your equipment will work flawlessly from day one.
We appreciate the crucial role of good filtration and mist elimination. Leaving liquids and particles uncontained and uncollected can lead to well-documented hazards. You can rest with confidence when you depend on CECO Filters. Your filtration solution must perform day in and day out; and if there’s a problem, our experienced staff will fix it. Turn to us for innovative, cost-effective filtration systems to give your company a competitive edge. Choose CECO Filters to see why so many companies rely on our products to run smoothly and safely.