The Model SR-A1 Rapper, also known as the Hopper Rapper, is our most universally applicable rapper. Delivers 0-25 pounds of impact force at any mounting angle, even upside down. The Model SR-A1 comes with a 6" square flange mount or a 2" diameter tapered mount.
This rapper uses a coil and 20 pound hammer that, when operated, compresses a heavy duty spring to generate the energy needed to provide the impact force. The hammer is fitted with two Teflon rings to eliminate friction when operating, insuring a long life with predictable results.
The whole thing is then sealed inside a steel tube with a shock isolating base/anvil.
The impacts imparted by the Model SR-A1 rapper cause high peak accelerations in the connected surface or shaft. The rapid acceleration of the surface or plate or high voltage frame overcomes the adhesive force that binds many materials to them.
- Rapping Energy: Varries from 0-25 Ft-lb
- Rapping Frequency: Varies from 1 rap/sec to 8 raps/sec
- Ambient Temperature Range: -40°C to +70°C
- Input Voltage: 120-240 VDC, pulsed
- Peak Current: 15 ams DC
- Pulse Width: 25-125 ms, depending on impact desired
- Electrically-welded steel tubing, 0.095" wall thickness
- Surface treated with zing phosphate prior to assembly
- Coil Assembly: Heavy Guage copper magnet wire with flexible end connections wet-wound around a fiberglass sleeve and encapsulated with epoxy-based electrical casting resin. Insulation tested for 1,000 megohms at 2,500 volts
- Terminations: Two non-polarized coil terminals and on case ground terminal
- Thermal cut-out switch imbedded in epoxy to insure against overheating
- Paint: Forrest 673 Series, Red Wagon, powder coat. Certified -20°C to +125°C
- CE & ATEX (Model SR-A1-IEC)
- Low Total Cost of Ownership
- Maximum operational performance
- Higher accelerations versus electric or pneumatic vibrators
- Multiple mounting configurations
- 3-year warranty on all mechanical components, exclusive of removal/reinstallation and freight charges
- 1-year warranty on all electrical components, exclusive of removal/reinstallation and freight charges
- Strength and frequency of impact of the rapper is controlled by the application of 120V DC, 10A pulses from the rapper controller