The Effox-Flextor brand Guillotine Slide Gate Damper is a heavy-duty design used when tight shut-off is required to isolate specific portions of a flue gas system. Our custom designs are proven reliable in some of the most demanding environments such as gas turbine outlets, high dust loading cement plants, high corrosion in coal-fired power plants, and power boiler isolation.
Our slide gate dampers are constructed of carefully selected materials to meet your application needs to provide maximum reliability, heat resistance, corrosion resistance and metal fatigue.
- Low Total Cost of Ownership
- Premium quality construction materials for severe environment conditions and a long service life
- Superior reliability and low overall cost with our Rack & Pinion design
- High efficiency with tight shut-off as much as 99.9% of flow without the use of seal air fans
- Easy maintenance and minimal field assembly with pre-assembled components
- Optimum performance with our zero-leakage designs that have been hydro tested as high as 3 PSI and hydro tested at 60 PSI for structural integrity
- 300% safety factor on drive sizing
- 200% safety factor on seal air volume at minimum of +3 inches of water gauge above system pressure
- Maximum 60% yield stress on all components